Low Energy - High Throughput Czochralski Hot-Zone
Norwegian Crystals has recently developed an innovative and energy-efficient crystal-pulling technology of silicon-ingots for solar-cell and module applications. The new technology leads to an improved thermal-response, lower energy-usage, and is scalable to larger furnaces and larger silicon ingots. Industrial verification and process development will be carried out in this pilot-project.
Norwegian Crystals AS
- KBC Corporation
- Aoyida Advanced Materials
- Yantai Carbon Ltd.
- Chengdu Carbon Ltd.
- Xi'an Chaoma Tech.
- KGT Graphit Technologie
- New Materials for production of silicon-ingots and bricks for solar cells and modules
- Reduced energy-usage inproduction of silicon-ingots
- Scalable hot-zone design for silicon-ingot furnaces
- Application and handling of new furnace materials
- Process development for low energy and low cost silicon-ingot production
- New thermal design concepts for silicon furnaces
- Understanding lifetime limiting factors in silicon-ingot furnaces
Realisert spredning av teknologi
- Novel implementation of new hot-zone materials in Norway and Europe.
- Global best-in-class furnace process for energy efficiency
Videre utvikling og videre spredning
- understand and find-out potentials and limits of furnace process in relation to energy-usage
- expanding the use of novel materials for more parts of hot-zone
- Optimisation of energy-usage vs productivity and yield factors on a larger scale